07/10/2012 -If you have specific questions you would like to have answered, please e-mail it to us and we will respond.
What is the official Articles of Faith that FBC Kingsbury holds to?
04/20/2012 -The New Hampshire Confession of Faith Revised (1853)
Does FBC Kingsbury baptize infants?
Five Reasons We Don't Sprinkle Infants
1. In every New Testament command and instance of baptism the requirement of faith precedes baptism. So infants incapable of faith are not to be baptized.
2. There are no explicit instances of infant baptism in all the Bible. In the three "household baptisms" mentioned (household of Lydia, Acts 16:15; household of the Philippian jailer, Acts 16:30-33; household of Stephanus, 1 Cor 1:16) no mention is made of infants, and in the case of the Philippian jailer, Luke says explicitly, "they spoke the Word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house" (Acts 16:32), implying that the household who were baptized could understand the word.
3. Paul (in Col. 2:12) explicitly defines baptism as an act done through faith: "â€¦having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God." In baptism you were raised up with Christ through faith - your own faith - not your parents faith. If it is not "through faith" - if it is not an outward expression of inward faith - it is not baptism.
4. The apostle Peter, in his first letter, defined baptism this way, "...not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience - through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 3:21). Baptism is "an appeal to God for a good conscience." It is an outward act and expression of inner confession and prayer to God for cleansing, that the one being baptized does, not his parents.
5. When the NT church debated in Acts 15 whether circumcision should be required of believers as part of becoming a Christian, it is astonishing that not once in that entire debate did anyone say anything about baptism standing in the place of circumcision. If baptism is the simple replacement of circumcision as a sign of the new covenant, and this valid for children as well as adults, as circumcision was, surely this would have been the time to develop the argument and so show that circumcision was no longer necessary. But it is not even mentioned.
Does FBC Kingsbury have infant / children dedications?
What does a typical worship service consist of on Sunday morning?
The general flow is something like this:
Announcements and Prayer Concerns / Praises
An opportunity to prepare our hearts for worship
Responsive Readings on occasions
Special music on occasions
Sermon - typically 30-40 minutes
A time of personal response
Communion on the first Sunday of every other month
Do the men have opportunity to meet on a regular basis?
Yes. There is a weekly Saturday morning breakfast study at 7:00. We begin with a meal, then study together until about 8-8:30. And we have Men's Retreats most every Spring and Fall. There is also Men's Basketball ministry every first and third Wednesdays of the month.