As Committed Followers of Christ we should be concerned with loving God and loving others. One important way to show this love is by serving others. We have a number of ministries through which you can serve within the church family and within the community around us. In addition, these service opportunities can be great opportunities for you to get to know others in the church better.
Some of the ways you can serve:
1. Music. The Music Ministry provides the music during our weekly services and special events. Individuals have the opportunity to participate in choir sings throughout the year or may audition to serve on the praise team.
2. Prayer. This ministry involves commiting yourself (or your group) to praying daily for the various concerns for the church family and other prayer requests... Individuals may sign up to receive email requests on a "as needed" basis.
3. Prison Ministry. The Prison Ministry provides biblical instruction to prison inmates through visitation and the interaction of spiritual conversation.
4. Start a "Barnabas-type" ministry, either individually, or as a group. This group could encourage those who are experiencing long term illness by sending cards, making phone calls, visiting, and praying with those who are in need. Individuals can serve by routinely sending cards in the mail or regular visiting those who are sick.
5. Children's Ministry. There are various ministries for our youth on Sundays and Wednesday with many opportunities to serve. Individuals can serve in the nursery, as a classroom helper, one who supplies refreshments...
6. Media Ministry. The Media Ministry serves the church by caring for the technical needs of the church during services & special events. Individuals serve on a one Sunday a month rotation of teams that care for video, audio or slides.
For Funerals: The Funeral Meals Ministry serves grieving families during their time of loss. Individuals typically serve 3-4 times a year by either preparing a dish for a meal or serving in a buffet line.
For New Babies: The Baby Meals Ministry serves families as they welcome new babies into their homes, by adoption or birth. Individuals prepare meals about once a month and deliver them to new moms that live nearby.
A Samaritan Meal Ministry: This could prepare meals for families who are in the midst of long-term, difficult situations. Individuals help provide meals on an as needed basis.